Chino, CA Dentist Suggests Dental Exams Twice a Year
It is extremely important to visit your Chino CA dentist or your Rialto CA dentist at least twice a year in order to ensure that your teeth and gums are at their healthiest. By visiting your dentists as recommended, you can avoid future expensive and time consuming procedures.
The Academy of General Dentistry recommends twice yearly checkups for people of all ages. At this frequency, most problems can be caught while they remain in an early stage.
How it's done
During your dental checkup, the dentist will take a look at your mouth to search for signs of cavities, periodontal disease, oral cancer, etc. The doctor may use special dental tools in order to view the areas more difficult to see.
- Medical history: The dentist will assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses may affect your dental health.
- Examination of tooth decay: Your mouth will be checked for cracked or decayed teeth.
- Oral cancer screening: The face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Your gums and bone around the teeth will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
- Examination of existing restorations: Current fillings, crowns, and other restorations are made sure to be in good order.
Additionally, your dentist will take diagnostic x-rays to reveal any other hidden problems, especially in the areas below the gums. Bitewing x-rays are typically taken every 12 months and a panographic x-ray, which revolves around the head, is taken every 3-5 years.
At our dental clinic, we have comprehensive investiagation for all x-rays to ensure there are no issues.