Rialto CA Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Dental Implants
Dental implants are becoming an increasingly popular method for replacing missing teeth. In this procedure, titanium supports are surgically fused with your jawbone, and act as an anchor for naturally looking false teeth. Dental implants are not only used for individual tooth replacement, but can also be used when replacing multiple teeth as an alternative to dentures.
Advantages of dental implants
- Implants are extremely natural looking
- Fusion of the implants into your jaw make them very stable and comfortable compared to traditional dentures
- They last a lifetime
Disadvantages of dental implants
- Implants are expensive and a major financial investment
- The process of getting implants can be time consuming and requires multiple visits to the dentist
- There is a chance the surgery fails (roughly 5% of the time)
Types of implants
Your dentist will be able to tell you which of the three types of implants is right for you:
- Root form implant: This is the most common type of implant where the screw is shaped like the root of a tooth.
- Plate Form Implant:A plate form implant has a flat and long shape and is better suited for a narrow jawbone.
- Subperiosteal Implants: In some cases where there is not enough bone width or height for the root form or plate form implant, a subperiosteal implant may be prescribed. This type of implant is designed to sit on top of the bone, but under the gums.
Rialto, CA cosmetic dentist offers advanced dentistry procedures such as dental implantation
At Bright Smile Dental Care, we encourage our patients to take the time to learn about all we have to offer. Our family-friendly practice is committed to assisting patients of all ages from children to seniors. We provide patients with a wide range of treatment options from general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry. Patients who are looking to replace one or more teeth within the smile may want to find out more about the advantages of placing dental implants.
Dental implants are a highly requested treatment for individuals who need to replace a single tooth or need stabilization for another type of restoration such as a bridge or denture. These titanium posts are surgically implanted into the bone of the jaw. The process of osseointegration begins during which the bone of the jaw grows and wraps around the implant to keep it in place—the same way the jaw bone holds natural tooth roots in their location. Dental implants are incredibly versatile and can last a lifetime with proper care and attention.
Not everyone is a proper candidate for dental implants, however. Dental implants require patients to have substantial bone to ensure successful placement. If bone is lost, it may be restored with bone grafting through another dental professional. Otherwise, the implantation will not be successful and patients will experience problems with their new restorations. These patients may be better suited for alternative options also available at Bright Smile Dental Care. This includes dental bridges and dentures and can be tailored to each patient’s specific needs and desires. We also accept dental insurance which can make many restorations more affordable for families.
Discussing the possibilities for repairing the smile after tooth loss is the first step in learning more about dental implants and alternative solutions. Patients are welcome to make a no-obligation appointment with our practice and discuss what might be their best option. The family dentist at Bright Smile Dental Care services patients in the communities of Chino and Rialto, CA. His team can be reached by calling (909) 364-1330 and scheduling a consultation appointment to talk about the benefits of dental implants and other restorative services readily available in our state-of-the-art facility.