Over the past few years, many people have been switching to an electric toothbrush. You will find your users that swear it to be the best toothbrush available. Is it true that an electric toothbrush is better than a manual toothbrush?
Purpose of a Toothbrush
The main purpose behind the toothbrush is to keep your teeth clean by removing plaque. It is also used to stimulate the gums and keep them healthy. Most toothbrushes can accomplish these tasks if used properly.
There are many advantages to using a manual toothbrush:
• They are low-cost and readily available.
• You can take them anywhere easily.
• You can easily adjust the amount of pressure on your teeth and gums.
• Kids can use them safely.
There have been some circumstances where an electric toothbrush has been recommended. If a person is unable to thoroughly clean their mouth with a manual toothbrush, switching to electric might be beneficial.
In addition, elderly people or those with limited dexterity may find that an electric toothbrush can clean better.
Choosing an Electric Toothbrush
If you find it easy or better to use an electric toothbrush, there are some things you’ll want to look for before making a purchase:
• Look for rotating-oscillating bristles for the best clean.
• Don’t focus too heavily on price. Even the lower cost models can clean teeth well.
• Don’t spend time obsessing over the features. Many of them don’t offer additional value to the cleanliness of the teeth.
No matter which type of toothbrush you choose, be sure you brush your teeth at least twice daily. It is preferable to brush after each meal to thoroughly remove all dirt and debris from the teeth. In addition, replace your toothbrush every three to four months or as soon as the bristles are no longer straight and firm. This will allow you the best chance at having a clean mouth.
If you are unsure which toothbrush is the best choice for you, feel free to talk to Dr. Bhandari, your Rialto, CA dentist at your next check-up.