Our Family Dentist in Chino CA offers Root Canal Therapy
If you are experiencing extreme teeth pain, a visit to Bright Smile Dental Care will be helpful to apply an immediate remedy on it. Our team has the capacity to tell what kind of service is needed to alleviate and remedy your dental pain. Our Chino CA faimly dentist may recommend a root canal, which is a procedure where the nerve of the tooth and the pulp is removed and then sealed to protect against damage.
What is a Root Canal?
The root canal specifically contains the nerves and blood vessels. The nerves found in our teeth serve as sensors for heat, cold, and others. To be able to treat extreme teeth pain which is mostly due to infection or decay, dentists needs to remove the nerve of the infected tooth. However, not all teeth pain may indicate a need for a root canal. Most of the time, severe signs of infection are the ones that need the procedure.
Now, what are the symptoms of a root canal?
1. Extreme teeth pain, especially when eating or when pressure is applied on the area
2. Excessive sensitivity to hot or cold stimuli which causes extreme teeth pain
3. Finding a small bump usually on the gum area of the teeth in pain
4. Discoloration of the tooth (tooth color may darken)
5. Swelling of the gum area of the teeth in pain
How is Root Canal Done?
· Our dentists will use x-rays to assess the status of your teeth and how much it has been infected;
· During the procedure, we apply a local anesthesia to numb the area and avoid pain while the procedure is ongoing;
· The crown of the tooth is usually opened using special tools; we will then remove the decayed pulp;
· We'll fill the center of your tooth with a special filling and perform other tooth restoration procedures to protect and guard your teeth
If you still want to learn more, we're happy to answer any questions or concerns you have! Our Chino CA family dentist wants every patient to feel comfortable enough to learn about any and all services they may need. Call Bright Smile Dental Care at (909) 364-1330 to schedule your consultation and our team will happily assist you.